Visiting the beach is fun on its own, but why not spice it up a bit with swimming, diving, or water sports. Panama City Beach water sports offer just that: the opportunity to try sports not normally available to you elsewhere. Try one of the fun things to do in Panama City, Florida below during your next vacation to Panama City Beach.
Popular Panama City Beach Water Sports
- Jet Skiing – An extremely popular Panama City Beach water sports activity, jet skiing allows riders to ride through the waves freely on the back of a powered vehicle. Vendors on the beach offer rentals for a variety of types of jet skis, including solo, tandem, or even three seat options. Just make sure to stay safe and obey the proper riding protocols.
- Snorkeling and Scuba Diving – A very popular options for visitors in all bodies of water, Panama City Beaches offer a very calm and clear experience compared to other places. If you are not certified, make sure you try the new “snuba” option that combines both snorkeling and scuba.
- Parasailing – A combination of both air and boat, this ride is truly exhilarating. Like many beach activities, you try this one on your own, or take part with a friend for a real bonding experience.
- Banana Rides – Tour the ocean front at your own speed with the banana boat. The boat is typically attached to a jet ski and fits small and large groups alike.
- Sail Boating – Try a new experience unlike any other. The tour will glide across the ocean like glass both close to the shore or farther out to sea. Enjoy this truly unique experience.
- Dolphin Cruises – Take a boat out to deeper waters to have a meet and greet with dolphins. Many vendors offer guided tours to help find the best spots for the whole family to experience the life of dolphins.
Tips for Staying Safe While Participating in Water Sports in Panama City Beach
- Warning Flags – Most of the beaches use the warning flag system to indicate dangers near the beach. Make sure to check with lifeguards to see what the status of the beach is and look out for a red flag to indicate dangers.
- Keep Hydrated – It’s easy to forget to drink plenty of water when you are neck deep in it; make sure all family members stay hydrated during your trip.
- Research Areas Beforehand – Visit the local visitor’s centers to learn about the best places for your visit. These locations will have information like dive spots and weather reports to get the most out of your water sporting experience.
If you would like to visit Panama City Beach to try these amazing activities, contact Blue Swell Rentals for all your rental needs! There are so many exciting things to do in Panama City, Florida, we can’t cover them all at once! Your ticket to all of them is a rental in a great location from Blue Swell, such as the ones located in these great communities: